Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Location: This position requires 75% travel throughout Jefferson County and surrounding counties - primary day travel. When not in the field you will work from your home office.
Work Hours: This position will require day work + some evenings and some weekend hours. Your weekly schedule will be 40 hours per week with some overtime.
The Community Relations Rep ll is responsible for developing and maintaining new contacts and/or partnerships in the community. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Leads and manages strategies within a specific territory or business initiative.
* Acts as liaison with community advocacy groups that impacts target population.
* Identifies, develops and builds relationships with community organizations, provider offices, and faith based organizations; performs activities to enhance presence in the community.
* Assists members and potential members with benefit and/or enrollments inquiries.
* Identifies cultural issues regarding current and potential members and communicate issues to management.
* Tracks all marketing and sales activities and maintains sales database.
* Conducts marketing presentations to increase effectiveness in establishing rapport, assessing individual needs, and communicating product/benefit features and differences.
* High school diploma; 2 years of experience in healthcare or sales/marketing environment; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
* Valid driver's license and access to a motor vehicle with valid motor vehicle insurance required.
* Proficiency using Microsoft programs.
* State health insurance licensure.
* AD or BA/BS a plus.
* Knowledge of the basic principles of managed care and the concepts of publicly financed health insurance.
* Understanding of the needs of the Medicaid population with knowledge of the various health and social services available in the assigned region with a special emphasis on services offered by community based organizations.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Associated topics: agent, broker, customer, client, insurance sales, lead sales agent, outside sales, sales, sales position, sales professional