Loading some great jobs for you...
- Install and configure DB2/LUW software. Perform periodic database software upgrades and patches.
- Provide technical analysis and resolutions to difficult DB2/LUW database problems. Ensure high availability, backup, and recovery of production databases using DB2 related database technology.
- Oversee database operation & security standards, backup and recovery, data mirroring, etc.
- Propose and implement database and/or SQL performance tuning, planning, configuration, scaling, and capacity management.
- Contributes to disaster recovery and contingency plans related to their area of the infrastructure, where applicable.
- Reviews capacity, usage, and performance of assigned technologies for core system based on business metrics. Understands performance thresholds and analyzes and interprets data to determine issues. Makes recommendations to ensure optimal performance and reliability for mission-critical and global enterprise systems which have direct impacts on the company's bottom line and customer perception.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and provides recommendations to leadership for established procedures and SLAs.
- Interact with development, data warehouse, business intelligence, and end-user personnel to design data structures to suffice data requirements, business rules and processes for the company.
- Define and establish data administration processes, procedures and performance standards for the company.
- Maintain logical and physical data models for all data structures.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a related degree from a college or university; master's degree preferred at least 8 years of information technology experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have excellent communication skills, this position will be required to communicate with both internal and external customers to gather requirements for data models. (This position will also be required to either plan training or train users).
Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills, this position will be required to analyze and design complex data models.
Must have in-depth knowledge of the following RDBMS; DB2 LUW
MS SQL Server and MySQL experience a plus.